1. What is MyCare?
MyCare is a safe, secure, online health management tool that connects YRMC patients, and patients of participating physician offices, to portions of their personalized health information. It enables you to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about your health. With MyCare, you can:
- View your health summaries and reminders
- View health summaries of your children, under age 18
- View hospital discharge instructions
- View portions of your medical history, medications and immunizations
- View lab and test results
- Request prescription renewals with a participating community physician office
- Request appointments with a participating community physician office
- Access trusted health information resources
2. Is there a fee to use MyCare?
No, MyCare is a free service offered to patients of YRMC, its affiliates and participating community physician offices.
3. How do I sign up?
Patients who wish to access MyCare will be issued a unique activation code during their hospital stay or physician office visit.This code will enable you to log-in and create your own user ID and password. Please note that MyCare is NOT available unless you have been a patient after May 1, 2012. If you were not issued an activation code, please visit the Health Information Management Release of Information Desk, Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 4:30pm, to request one. You will be asked to present identification. You may also ask to sign up during your next physician office visit.
4. Who do I contact if I have further questions?
For general inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017.
You may also call your doctor’s office for additional information.
5. When can I see my test results in MyCare?
Your test results are released to your MyCare account after your physician has reviewed them. This is typically between 1-3 business days.
6. Why are certain test results not shared electronically via MyCare?
Tests of a very sensitive nature may not be released to MyCare. Physicians may prefer to speak directly with you before releasing results.
7. If some of my health information on MyCare is not correct, what should I do?
Your MyCare information comes directly from your electronic health record at YRMC or participating community physician office. Ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next office visit or call the Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic health record during each visit.
8. If I send a message to my doctor or nurse, when can I expect a reply?
If you doctor is a participating provider, you will generally receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Please note that MyCare should not be used for urgent situations. Please dial 911 if it is an emergency.
8. May I view a family member's health record in MyCare?
Yes, health records can be shared with necessary consent. Contact the YRMC Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017 or your provider and ask about MyCare proxy access.
10. Can my spouse and I share one MyCare account?
No, due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must establish their own MyCare account.
11. Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyCare account?
No, MyCare offers direct access to your own personal health record. Questions may only be emailed through the family member’s account, if you have authorized access.
12. I forgot my MyCare password or ID? What should I do?
Click the "Forgot password" link on the log-in page to reset your password online. If that does not work, contact the YRMC Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017.
13. Can you send me a new activation code as I have lost it, let it expire or did not receive it?
Your MyCare activation code expires 60 days after your hospital or office visit. Contact the YRMC Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017 to request a new activation code. After we verify your information, a new code will be sent via U.S. Postal Mail. Privacy issues prevent us from e-mailing a new activation code to you.
14. Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, e-mail or change my password)?
Log into MyCare and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
15. How is MyCare secure?
We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal IDs, and passwords. Each person controls their password and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, MyCare uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyCare. Unlike conventional e-mail, all MyCare messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
MyCare is owned and operated by YRMC, and is fully compliant with federal and state laws pertaining to your privacy. Your name and e-mail address will be treated with the same care and privacy given your health records and will never be sold or leased by YRMC.
17. I was logged out of MyCare, what happened?
We aim to protect your privacy and security. While logged into MyCare, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of MyCare. We recommend that you log out of your MyCare session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
18. What do I need to use MyCare?
You need your activation code, access to a computer with internet connection and an up-to-date browser, and a personal email address. We recommend the most recent versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
19. My activation code does not work, what should I do?
Contact the YRMC Health Information Management Department at 928-336-7017 to discuss acquiring a new activation code, or contact your provider's office.
20. Is my activation code my user ID?
No, your activation code is not your MyCare ID or password. The activation code is issued to you at before you leave the hospital or providers office. You will use this code when logging into MyCare for the first time. The code will expire after you have used it or after 60 days. When you log into MyCare for the first time, you will be asked to create your own, unique MyCare ID and password.