Yuma Regional Medical Center promises to deliver excellence to every patient, every time. Our financial policy is to offer assistance and information to you regarding your hospital bill. We understand that medical expenses are often large, unplanned and may create financial stress at a time when your primary concern is your health rather than financial issues. It is our goal to assist you in understanding what options are available.
Types of Insurance Coverage:
- Medicare - Health insurance for individuals age 65+ and/or those with a qualifying disability. If you are covered by Medicare, we will file your claim for you. If you have a Medicare supplemental policy, upon our receipt of payment from Medicare, we will bill your supplemental insurance plan as well.
- AHCCCS (Medicaid) - A federally and state funded program administered by the State of Arizona that pays for services to persons who are medically vulnerable and/or of low income. If you are currently covered by Arizona AHCCCS upon verification of your eligibility we will submit your claim. We also submit claims for persons covered by Medi-Cal for the state of California.
- Commercial - Payment received from a premium-based insurance plan. The most common types of insurance plans include, but not limited to conventional, employer group insurance plans, HMO and PPO. We will make every effort to verify insurance eligibility and benefits. We will also attempt to obtain authorization in accordance with your insurance company's policies.
- Workers Compensation - Payments received from an employer, or the employer's representative, to cover medical expenses resulting from a work related injury. We will attempt to obtain authorization from your employer and/or industrial insurance plan.
Types of Financial Assistance for Patients without Insurance Coverage:
- Self-Pay - Payments received directly from the patient or guarantor of the patient.
- Prompt Pay Discount - A 10% reduction of your total hospital bill is available to all patients without insurance for inpatient or outpatient services, if the service is paid within 30 days of your first billing statement date. This Prompt Pay Discount program does not apply to services related to existing cash discount programs. This may include, but not limited to bariatric surgery, cosmetic surgery, dental surgery, heart promo, mammogram promo or the Special Delivery Program.
- Prenatal Program - The program is for patients who do not have any type of insurance coverage. YRMC encourages patients to apply for the Prenatal Program or our Special Delivery Program by coming to the Maternal - Child Registration area or calling 928-336-7615 for information.
- Financial Assistance Programs - Provides healthcare services to individuals with limited financial resources who are unable to qualify for entitlement programs (AHCCCS) shall be eligible for free or reduced healthcare services based on established guidelines. Eligibility guidelines will be based upon the Federal Poverty Guidelines and will be updated annually in conjunction with the published updates by the Department of Health and Human Services. If your income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines you may qualify for 100% Charity Care for your hospital bill. If your income is 201% to 400% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, you may qualify for partial Charity Care reduction of your hospital bill. This Financial Assistance Programs does not apply to services related to existing cash discount programs. This may include, but not limited to bariatric surgery, cosmetic surgery, dental Surgery, heart promo, mammogram promo, sterlization or the Special Delivery Program.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
Please call our Patient Financial Services Representative at 928-336-7030. They are available to help you locate possible sources of financial assistance.
To apply for financial assistance, complete the Financial Statement (links at right) and mail it to Patient Financial Services, Yuma Regional Medical Center, 2400 S. Avenue A, Yuma, AZ 85364. Your application will be evaluated and you will be notified whether or not you have been approved for financial assistance.